Monday, November 18, 2019

Christmas markets


Thank you to all the wonderful people who came along to the Rosetown Te Awamutu Annual Craft Fair. 
It was once again a brilliant day and despite a gloomy forecast the previous day, the sun came out and it was just beautiful.
I can happily report that the gazebo went up in a flash, thanks to the hubby and the son in law. 
There were quite a few grumbles about the early start but I did appreciate their help.
I had no sooner started assembling my racks and table, when the first customers descended on me, 30 minutes before market even really opened. So exciting and from there on in we had a steady group of happy people and children in our area. Fabulous atmosphere and a wonderful fair so fantastically organised by the i-site team.


This Saturday (23 November) we are part of another market day. This one is organised by yoga & oils and is being held in their lovely new premises on Walton St, Te Awamutu. Renee is such a warm and giving person and her inaugural market is shaping up to be just beautiful. So pop along and see us all.

I just love seeing the creativity and talent that so many people have and it is such a great feeling to buy handmade and locally made.

One of the sites directly opposite me at the Rosetown fair, had beautifully crafted garden art from timber and stained glass. treecandynz.com There will be some very lucky gardeners having an addition like this to their gardens. 





So with Christmas just around the corner, and grandchildren getting just a bit (haha) excited, I have started my shopping and also have several Xmas projects on the go at the machine.

I have been admiring the gorgeous creations that my friend Julie has been making for Xmas orders.  Her delightful and funny blog is just a masterclass in creativity mythreadbearlife.blogspot.com

The sun is shining and it lifts our spirits no end.


Happy days

Julie




2 comments:

  1. I thought your stall looked great Julie! Always wishing I had a wee girl to buy your gorgeous creations for but might just have a bit of trouble fitting them on this big girl here! Best of luck for the Walton Street market.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Julie. Pop by the Walton market if you're in town

    ReplyDelete