Saturday, November 2, 2019

Save the Date ...November 9





Well the countdown is now until the annual Te Awamutu Arts and Craft Fair on November 9. 

Only 6 more sleeps !!

Every year, without fail, this fair attracts amazing and creative people and offers such a beautiful, happy setting. With the rose gardens and the fantastic children's playground adjacent, it can be turned into a real day out for all the family.
🎈🎈🎈
Bo and Co will be at Site 30 and we have loads of lovely clothes for your little ones.
This year I will also have some great "market day specials" and some gorgeous little gifts for the lucky earlybird buyers.

Today will involve a practice run of putting up the gazebo. Sometimes the hubby can get a lot  a bit ratty if it doesn't go to plan !!

One of the best pleasures I get from my sewing is being able to create things on the "wish list" for my grandchildren.
EsmΓ© is turning 7 this coming week and is having a butterfly themed party. So it was wonderful to make her a dress and a top to choose from.
(as you know, a girl can never decide what to wear on the day) πŸ¦‹πŸ¦‹πŸ¦‹πŸ¦‹




Just before I left for my holiday last month, a really special and very super kind friend (Judy) came to visit. I often give her lots of my fabric off cuts to add to her huge "stash". 
Judy makes the loveliest quilts and donates most of them to the babies and children who may never get the chance to have something so special. 
It is truly unbelievable how many she creates and the patterns are so different in them all.
Anyway she arrived at my place with 3 huge boxes and then insisted that I choose four.
One for each of the little grand daughters and one for myself.
I was overwhelmed with her kindness and the children just loved them.




So the sun is shining, the coffee pot boiling and the darn gazebo awaiting it's trial run!!
Hope to see you on Saturday 9 under sunny skies

Have a great day
Julie



                                         



2 comments:

  1. Well I am looking forward to next Saturday & I hope this glorious weather lasts for you! I heard a big noise/shouting yesterday morning - was that you guys having a practise run at putting up your Gazebo I wonder??!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have just seen your post, Julie. And YES it probably was the hubby muttering pretty loudly.

      Delete